Monday, September 8, 2008

Ripping on Myself?

I made this bad boy in the 8th grade. I had a picture but misplaced it. Dang, it was a good one. I'm still looking for it. I thought I was so cool for making this shirt.

Anyone remember these?


I loved these earrings. They went with most everything! Now all I think about when I see rainbows is gay pride.

By far the wierdest thing I saved. Well...one more confession, I saved my hospital band from when I was SO sick from the chicken pox. I had a fever of 106 and halucinating. I had a spinal tap because the Dr. thought I might have had those darn spots on my brain!

I loved Vanilla Ice. He was my 1st concert. You always remember things like that. I was an official member of his fan club. Ice Ice Baby!

I was in the basement the other day, and came across my box of childhood mementos. I had so much fun looking though it.


Man am I weird. The stuff I saved is funny. I have letters, dolls, my embroidered Chaparral high school sweatshirt ( it was so expensive and I saved my $ to buy it. Pride of ownership. Good lesson to teach the kids. Who knows they may save nifty things too!), my BRACES, five Swatch watches, an Espirit purse, a Harry Connick calendar (I fell in love with him in high school. He and Steve!)pictures of me thinking I was so cute and cool. Wow have times changed,my baptism corsage...the list goes on. Fun memories.

I found a few pictures I'll have to save for future posts. There so good. I can't wait to rip on myself some more!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

N,

I seem to miss when you post on your blog. You have such great entries! I love reading them!

Jeanette