Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Get Healthy & Loose A Little FAT While I'm At It!




I heard through a friend that she was on a great new diet. Since I gained 5 pounds over the summer I decided to listen to what she had to say. I read the book Hunger Free Forever and decided to try it. Its a fiber rich "diet" but you don't feel like your on a diet. I don't feel deprived at all. The main thing is taking a supplement called PGX before lunch and dinner. I have a shake called Slimstyles for breakfast with PGX in it. It's fiber you take before eating a meal and it expands in your stomach so you don't eat ask much. The AMAZING thing is...it reduces carb cravings and lowers the glycemic index in the foods you eat.

I haven't had a Coke since the beginning of August. I don't crave sweets very much. Now that is amazing. I am eating healthy and did I mention I don't feel deprived. The one things is... eating healthy is more expensive.

That leads me to let you in on my new little secret. Thanks to my Yoga and Pilates instructor Sarah, I now make frequent visits to Fresh & Easy. Ive been getting coupons in the mail for $5 off if you spend $20. The store will also give you more when you check out. They clearance items in the a.m. so I can get things for dinner that will be past "sell by date" in the next couple of days. I freeze stuff, bread, milk, butter, yogurt, meat etc. so I don't mind buying that stuff cause it wont spoil in the freezer.
I have been weight lifting and not getting the results I want. I met a 50ish lady this summer and come to find out she is a Pilates instructor. She looks fabulous. Not big and bulky but long and lean. Just right in my opinion. It peaked my desire to try it. I have put it off and finally one day on a whim, I saw and old friend waiting to go to pilates at the gym. I took the class after I had already lifted wights so I was pretty dead, but I loved it. Its hard in the beginning. My instructor says give yourself 10 classes and then you are stronger.I've only taken 11 pilates and yoga classes (3times a week) and I am already seeing results.
For all of you who have had babies. This is the way to go. My problem area is my mid-section. I have done so many crunches and they don't work for me. If you look around the average mom needs a little help in this arena. I can't believe the difference already. I post this because it may help someone. I am so excited, feel great and am losing inches. Its work. There is no EASY way, but with PGX it helps so much. If your looking for something to help this just may. Good luck! Man I'd be a good rep, but I promise I'm not selling it!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

I can't believe you gained 5 pounds, you are always so cute! But good luck!

Holly said...

Well, you look awesome to me! Hmmm...I gotta try this stuff - cuz I haven't been able to lose anything lately.

Leigh said...

Maybe after San Diego????

Sarah Williams said...

ok pics were quite funny. especially the haircuts. i decided i was going to marry my husband after i saw him speak at a fireside too. thanks for the plug. i just bought a bunch of healthy crap on amazon so maybe next month i'll try the pgx and get off my coke addiction. my husband says my grocery shopping addiction is getting out of control.=)if i went to costco i'd be lots more. guys totally forget how much stuff costs.