Tuesday, July 22, 2008

PAPA'S 70TH PATRIOTIC BIRTHDAY


The grandkids hung out while the adults got to go to dinner ALONE. The little "elves" were hard at work and transformed our house into quite the party place. Surprise and Happy Birthday to our great dad. Take a look at that cake. Thanks Martha, and Janice for the inspiration. He loved it.
I was so excited I got to help plan my Dad's 70th birthday party. I had heard about the opportunity to take a flight in the fighter plane at Falcon Field. My dad is one of the most patriotic people I know and he loves history and planes. My heart was so full that day. Steve and my dad boarded the plane and everyones eyes filled with tears. It was amazing to hear the rumble of the engine and imagine what it might have been like to head off to war.













No comments: