Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Parenting Gone Wrong!

Is this the picture of a potential kidnapper?


Before I start...do not report me, for I'm sure you have done something that you thought was a good idea!

The story starts with Steve being out of town for 6 days. I was getting tired of being on my own and really tired of kids being disobedient. It told the kids I would take them to Dip n Dots for a treat. The two oldest lost the chance to go with us, so I took the little boys. On my way, I started to feel mean so I decided to go to Sonic and try Dip N Dots another day. On the way home Ryan was slamming a compartment closed and irritating me crud out of me. I told him to stop or I would make him get out and walk home. He didn't stop, so I turned the corner and had him get out of the car. I followed him ever so close.

A lady passed me and them slammed on her brakes, backed up and began yelling to Ryan, "Is she trying to kidnap you little boy?" I failed to mention that I was by the white trash apartments near my neighborhood. I calmly said to the lady, "Thanks for your concern, I'm his Mom & I'm just trying to discipline, Thank You" That was not good enough for her, she said she needed him to answer her. We'll he just wasn't going to talk to her through his 2 fingers that he was sucking on because she was scaring him to death!

Next thing I know, a big burly, tatooed guy comes walking over to us & that woman yells to him, "I think we need to call 911, this lady is following this little boy!"

Thank heavens for my neighbor Jim. He passed as all of this chaos happening in the middle of the street & stoppped to see what was going on. I was so mad, yet calm for I didn't want that lady to thinks I was nuts, that I couldn't remember Jim's name. I flagged him down and the "sweet" lady asked him if he knew me. He THANKFULLY testified in my behalf and the lady said "great that's all I needed!" and drove off. Ugh, I was so mad yet upset that I put us in jeopordy. My emotions went on a wild rollercoaster ride. I eventually laughed and called Steve and my dear friend that told me this worked like a charm on her kids.

6 comments:

Leigh said...

Glad you posted that one. That story was so funny, well, maybe not at the time, but a good one for everyone else!

Marnee Marriott said...

Ha Ha... do you watch Desperate Housewives? Reminds me of an episode...

KatieZ said...

Hilarious! I once followed my 4 year old in the car while he rode his scooter and I had a lady pull her car over and tell me he was too young to be riding alone...hmmm. Fun to see your blog. Was that "Jim" my father-in-law? Jen doesn't blog, unfortunatley.

Steven Frost Family said...

Adding our comment to you from Micronesia Guam! Great blog! I guess we don't rate very well as our blogspot isn't listed in your family and friends section!HAHA Be home in a few days! Can't wait to catch up on your funny stories and show you guys pics from Truk Love Steve and Rhonda

aubri said...

Great Idea! I''l have to use that when my kids are bad.
Who ever came up with that was freakin genius! :)

just the five of us said...

I have done the very same thing, except I was about 15 miles from home. The girls quickly got back in and I didn't hear another word out of them. One time they were fighting really bad, and I needed to get to Costco, I gave C and T each a wooded spoon and told them to beat the crap out of each other. I told them if there was a corpse when I got home, I would give them a very nice funeral. Needless to say, they were breathless. I even grabbed one of their hands, and went to hit the other one with the spoon,so they would see how dumb it was to fight.