Friday, August 22, 2008

Heaven on Earth...Otherwise known as Lake Powell


We seriously LOVE Lake Powell. Steve and I both grew up going to the lake with our families. We even got engaged at Lake Powell. It is so beautiful and the water is so clear. When I was little I thought that the suns rays reflecting into the eater made the lake look like an ice cube. I know wierd.



Wow, 3 cute boys! What is it going to be like in 8 years from now!!



One thing I remember about being on the boat was falling asleep to the rocking of the water. I also remeber waking up to a huge thump when we hit the wake. I would get so mad at my dad. Like he was trying on purpose!! The things you learn with age!

We were shocked when Owen said he wanted to try to wakeboard. What gumption! I called it in 3 tries. Man do I know my kids. ( I won!)



Gotta love it.

Well its not the beloved houseboat trip this year, but we made do because we weren't gonna skip it.



Does anyone have a righteous man that is hot, tall and NOT, I repeat, NOT screwed up? Liz is the most amazing woman around. She deserves the very best! I'm serious, let me know if you know anyone.

Have I got a fish tale to tell! We were docked at our rock, (we decided to bag the thorny sand this year) and the kids were swimming with goggles. Andy saw a ton of huge fish, so we pulled out the poles. It was a great opportunity for Harrison to get his fishing badge. H cast his line and right away he caught a catfish. He was so happy.
Next, it was Owen's turn. The very same thing happened to him. It was awesome, they had smiles from ear to ear.
I'm sure you can guess by this point how the story may go... Ryan cast his line and he caught a fish in the first minute too. He ran from his though.

Love Lake Powell lizards. Poor things get tortured in the process, missing tails and all. I convinced Ryan to let him go to be with his Mommy I felt so bad for the thing.

1 comment:

aubri said...

Love the Pixs!!!!!!