Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Good Cause


My friend Shawni Pothier co-authored this great book with her mom. Shawni has 5 kids & her mom has 9! They have given glimpses into living life in & out of the trenches of parenthood & how NOT to miss out on the important "little stuff".

I wanted to help share her message. She is an amazing person and mother. She has descovered that her youngest daughter, who graces the cover of the book, was born with a genetic disorder and will become blind in her youth. I hope you will be touched by her story and her efforts to give back to those who have done so much for others. Her book is on sale at Deseret Book and Barnes & Noble. She is donating part of her proceeds to the Foundation for the Blind. So if you need an idea for a Mother's Day gift...I think this is a great idea. I'm getting mine today!!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

just the five of us said...

Thanks for sharing about the book. I will keep my eyes out for it at Barnes and Noble. How sad to know that your child will be blind someday. It would make you want to cherish every single moment, and you would want your child to see everything.

Unknown said...

I was at the tapping of Good Things Utah when she and her mom were there promoting the book. It looks amazing, and the photography is beautiful!!

Shawni said...

You are so nice to help spread the word, Noelle! THANK YOU! Hope you guys are doing great.