Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SCUBA Getaway

Up, Up and Away... from kids and schedules! Just time to be with my favorite person in the world




I still don't have all the photos from the trip and I am tired of waiting!

Happens every time. He was nice and fed all the fish too. No 2nd dive for this one and even worse...no fresh pico de gallo, guacamole, quesadillas and Mexican Cokes!




He's gonna KILL me, good thing he doesn't know what I put on here!
Man isn't he amazing. The story is... No he doesn't normally wear a speedo but one of our friends was roped into a bet and then before we knew it, all the guys had to don one of these bad boys. They others made me erase ALL evidence that they slithered into the unthinkable! Funny thing is, I thought it was helarious and my Steve ROCKED the SPEEDO (So did the other two). He even wore it into the beachside resturant. We were all DYING with laughter watching people's eyes gaze at the One-legged guy in a speedo!

Next year, they have to be teensy tiny ones!


It's always an adventure on the back of Steve's bike. Even if its the slowest scoot of the group!
We decided to spice it up a bit and play "Sccoter Tag" this year. Man was that the BEST. That is until the cops blew their wistle at us 'cause we were causing trafic jams and near collisons on the main drag through town. For many that would be the end of it, but not for US! We didnt stop till we really did ALMOST crash and saw the poor tourist on another scooter eyes pop out of his head cause he thought he was going to eat the road. It was pretty fun and totally funny!

Thanks to our great & most righteous friends the Collins & Frosts for suggesting that we go to Sacrament meeting. It was a great expierence that I won't soon forget. It was humbling to see the people of the church in other parts of the world worship the same as I do.

I discovered 3 things.

  1. Flip flops and a casual attire would sometimes be nice. Esp. for the men.
  2. My boys NEED/WILL learn to play the piano! The only person who could BARELY play was an american who lived there. We sat behind the missionaries and I thought wouldn't it be nice if they could play for the ward they served in.
  3. Have you ever looked in the back of the Hymnal and practiced leading the music by using the little numbered diagrams? 2/4 & 4/4 time. Now I know why they put them in there. There was CLEARLY no musical talent in the ward. We are truly blessed here in America. So many opportunites!

Why is it that Sunday always has the BEST weather? Look at those shades of blue!
I was sad to leave., but excited to see the kids.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great get away!

elle pothier said...

Oh man that makes me miss that trip. And also it makes me made we missed the speedo activities. Love it. I don't know if you got my last comment but I need your e-mail address because of course I forgot it and I need to e-mail you those pictures you wanted...plus the one with "Wolf." Glad to see you guys are well. Miss ya!

elle pothier said...

It's really shawni...Elle's always logged in here. Hey, I'm curious how your big "talk" went when you got home too.

Nicole said...

Nice to see you blogging again!
That trip looks like it was SO fun. Great pix! Especially the Speedo one. It really is a great look on Steve. It really is.
And I loved the sweet Grandma photo. I have a 90 year old Grandpa. We'll have to set them up! haha

Sarah Williams said...

wow you've been busy!! looks so fun, i hope your shoulders better so you can come back to the gym....we have FOAM ROLLERS to use in classes! ( i was needed something new to keep me motivated=)