Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cherished

We had the great fortune of having Steve's grandma stay with us. This is one amazing woman. I couldn't even begin to explain her life & how she became the pillar that she is. We truly love her. I must toot her horn for her. She will be 90 this year. You would never guess it either. She doesn't look it of act like it. She was on a road trip with a girlfriend... at 90?

I made her a great HOT breakfast and fresh squeezed o.j. and tried to give her the royal treatment. She asked to help me. Selfishly, I wanted to hear her play the piano. So, I asked her to play for us and before I knew it the kids were gathered around her. It was a tender moment for me. If only the kids could have just a tiny idea of the greatness and legacy she has created.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Amen to your praise of Grandma O. She is a pillar and great example to us all.

Unknown said...

How fun to have Grandma O stay with you! She truelly is amazing - and so easy to brag about! :)

Holly and Steve said...

Noelle..my kids call her grandma gg and yes she deserves all that praise. we went to her house last month and spent the night with her it was so fun i am just mad i didn't bring my camera!