Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Canning Butter!?!?!

Did you know that you can can butter?

I had great fun with my girlfriend Rhonda canning butter and chocolate chips when they went on sale recently. It lasts for 3-5 years. I am excited to gain more food storage, it makes me feel safe! Its not so bad to feel like you've accomplished something great either.

I met a high school friend at the park the other day. It was so great to catch up and see her little girl. I was telling her about my butter story and about a 3 month supply. She is not a member of my church and was completely shocked at the idea, let alone the 1 year storage idea. I am grateful to have the guidance in my life that the LDS church offers.

Next project... canned chicken! (aka tiny embryos in a jar!)

5 comments:

just the five of us said...

Hey, the girl I visit and teach cans everything-butter, beef, chicken, all sorts of stuff. It's great idea!

Holly said...

k...mine didn't turn out...so we need to talk. mine was still a little sloshy after following ALL of my steps and shaking the butter for hours and hours. help! sprouts has chicken tenders on sale cheap (now i'm second guessing myself - maybe that was last week) - and they are the easiest to can!

Marnee Marriott said...

Oh my... I'm impressed! Did you know that you can buy canned chicken? :) And freeze butter for that long, too? But yours looks way cuter! :)

Lisa said...

I am so glad to know you can can butter! A girl can't go without her choc.chips cookies!! Could you share how you did this with the butter and choc. chips? On another note, I LOVE your jewerly. I am going to order a necklace but am having a hard time deciding which one to get!

Shawni said...

Hey Noelle, I just wanted to say hi since it's been SO long since I saw you. I just clicked into this blog from Nicole's. Anyway, sounds like you guys are doing great & I'm so glad. Hope to see you guys again sometime soon....