Friday, August 29, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
2.Teaching the kids how to shoot a gun and loving the fact that we can. We had some good laughs and only a few near misses! Ha ha.
3. Being with Liz
4. Pulling into the deep, dark forest with noone around on the last night to camp. Panicking cause Steve pulled in so if we HAD to get out we'd have to back up the 30ft trailer. Which doesn't make for a quick getaway! Funny, cause I'm not normally like that. Come to find out he was a little freaked out too. Lighting a fire was the LAST thing Steve wanted to do, but was the MAIN purpose we moved to this camp site. Still freaked, cause the dogs were barking into the dark, so Steve grabbed his hand gun for safety. What a man. So glad we have the right.
5. Owen fell off the top bunk in the trailer and skinned his back so bad. Me being so tired from the no sleep the nights before so I took Tylenol PM. Too drowsy to properly care for him. Good thing Steve took over.
8. Being so tired that a comment like "Geeze honey I can't believe you could finish your Red Onion burger" would actually offend me. Love ya honey.
9. Playing in the rain with the dogs and kids.
10. Hand washing dishes in the trailer. Thinking back on the times I'd wash dishes in Kamas at grandma and grandpa's house.
Gotta love Moose. Who could resist a kiss like that? Maggie kept a close eye on lunch... or the ball I can't tell! Just kidding. They aren't Pitbulls. They are just BIG, loving, adorable, not good for much sport American Bulldogs. Gag!
Watch out ladies of the 3rd grade!
Well, its not the first day for Ryan, but if he had it his way he'd be in kidergarten with Owen. He was one sad boy till the big kids got home.
Liv is in 5th grade and has her first man teacher! Shes crossing her fingers he'll not be too mean! Turns out he's great and doesn't put up with DRAMA. That's awesome 'cause we hear it starts with a bang in 5th grade.
I love all of these kids with all of my heart. They are all so different and stretch me in so many ways. I am thankful for them and what I learn from them on a daily basis. Now get to class, ya'll.
Did you say "hit it?"
Oh, I love him. I know I should break him of this, but its so nice and helpful. He's obviously the youngest child. Just check out the rag of a blanky I let him carry around. The "sewer"in me won't let it last too long.
We had a relaxing trip although most eveyone was on a crazy diet. Great for me. I just started one myself. I actually lost weight, wich is a first on a Powell trip.
Wahoo!! To all the good sports in the bunch. It's nice to know we can still hop like the young ones. I almost peed my pants watching Liz fall to the ground.
Grandma Osborn is an amazing lady. She has been through so much in her life. I appreciate her example of love, patience, endurance, faith, thriftyness and kindness. I am glad to have her in our life. By the way, she is almost 90 and still works in Real Estate, plays the organ in the temple, and cares for the elderly. Ha Ha! Most would consider themselves elderly at her age.
Wow, 3 cute boys! What is it going to be like in 8 years from now!!
One thing I remember about being on the boat was falling asleep to the rocking of the water. I also remeber waking up to a huge thump when we hit the wake. I would get so mad at my dad. Like he was trying on purpose!! The things you learn with age!
We were shocked when Owen said he wanted to try to wakeboard. What gumption! I called it in 3 tries. Man do I know my kids. ( I won!)
Does anyone have a righteous man that is hot, tall and NOT, I repeat, NOT screwed up? Liz is the most amazing woman around. She deserves the very best! I'm serious, let me know if you know anyone.
Next, it was Owen's turn. The very same thing happened to him. It was awesome, they had smiles from ear to ear.
I'm sure you can guess by this point how the story may go... Ryan cast his line and he caught a fish in the first minute too. He ran from his though.
Love Lake Powell lizards. Poor things get tortured in the process, missing tails and all. I convinced Ryan to let him go to be with his Mommy I felt so bad for the thing.